This is Gastro Tour Seoul’s best-selling tour program!
Tuscany of Korea: Disappearing Food Heritage, ‘Jayeom’ (2 hours from Seoul, Taean Peninsula) - 2 day tour
On Korea’s beautiful Taean Peninsula – which is famous for its fresh food - farms, mountains and the sea come together unforgettably. Harvests from the land and sea provide a bounty of fresh, varied seafood and top-quality vegetables. Many Korean chefs say these vegetables are the highest quality in all of Korea.
This tour takes you out into the Taean Peninsula to visit farms, a local market, a stunning mudflat, and the fast-disappearing food heritage of traditional salt known as ‘Jayeom’, named by Slow Food as the ‘Ark of Tasts’. This full-day and 1night stay tour to the heartland of Korean cuisine includes lunch and an unbelievably fresh seafood dinner. It’s a cultural and culinary experience you’ll never forget.
Tour Information (2 day tour)
- Length: 1 night and 2 days
- Tour Style: Transport, walking, eating
- Foods: Raw fish, seafood, vegetables
- Suggested items: Comfortable walking shoes, bottled water, umbrella or rain protection, camera
- Price: USD 450.00 per person (Need at least 3 persons to start the tour, price includes VAT, basic food & beverage, basically sharing twin bed rooms. Group rates may apply, depending on no. of attendees.)
- Tour runs upon request.
- Meals will include raw fish.
- Starting Point: Shinyongsan Station Exit 1, Line 4 (in front of the Yongsan Post Office) Map